The Institute for Psychoanalysis, with cooperation of the Chicago Psychoanalytic Society, is now accepting applications for its fellowship program for 2017-2018. The fellowships run for one year beginning in September and fellows will be selected in late summer. The fellowship program is offered at no cost to participants.
The Institute Fellows program is open to advanced trainees and recent graduates in psychiatry, psychology, and social work who have significant interest in psychoanalysis as a body of knowledge and as a framework with which to understand and carry out therapeutic work.
The Institute Fellowship program will include:
- Once per month, 1-1/2 hour seminar on a Saturday morning led by a member of the Institute faculty. Relevant readings will be suggested.
- An Institute faculty member will serve as a mentor for each fellow through the yearlong program. Mentors and fellows will meet at least monthly to discuss therapeutic issues, papers, research and any other topics relevant to the fellow.
- Fellows will be welcome as guests to the scientific meetings held by the Chicago Psychoanalytic Society during the academic year, starting in September.
- All fellows will be granted free admission to local conferences sponsored by the Institute for Psychoanalysis and the Chicago Psychoanalytic Society.
Qualified candidates interested in applying to be Institute Fellows should submit the following:
- A short (no more than two pages) personal essay describing the development of your interest in psychoanalysis and the application of psychoanalytic concepts
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor having direct knowledge of your therapeutic work with individuals
- Your current curriculum vitae
Applications for the Institute Fellows program must be received by August 1. Fellowships will be announced in early September.
Caryle Perlman, MS
Director of the Fellowship Program
Submission materials should be sent to:
Ms. Christine Susman
Institute for Psychoanalysis
122 South Michigan Ave., Suite 1300
Chicago, IL 60603
For further details, please contact Ms. Christine Susman at 312-922-7474, ext. 301 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute for Psychoanalysis does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, and national or ethnic origin.