The Institute for Psychoanalysis of Chicago is pleased to announce Psychoanalysis for Scholars (PSP), a program for academics with advanced degrees to become clinical psychoanalysts. The program consists of a preparatory period of instruction followed by the psychoanalytic training at the Institute for Psychoanalysis. The preparatory training is designed to allow the applicant to become familiar with clinical practice, psychiatric interviewing, and diagnostic nomenclature and to begin a psychotherapeutic experience. Following this period the applicant would pursue psychoanalytic training resulting in a certificate of competence to practice psychoanalysis. Completion of the PSP program does not lead to a licensable degree or certification.
Any individual holding the highest typical degree in a field of study, such as PhD, MD, JD, MSW, MBA
Individuals having unusually rich personal and professional backgrounds may apply with the permission of the Chair of the PSP Committee.
Persons who have completed the Fundamentals Program
APPLICATION & FURTHER INFORMATION
Interested applicants are invited to contact Dr. Robert Galatzer-Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- $200 Non-Refundable Application Fee (if paying by check, please make out to Institute for Psychoanalysis). Please note that if you decide after applying and paying the fee that you'd like to cancel your application, we cannot refund the fee.
- Copy of academic transcripts
- (3) Letters of Reference (Instruction form)
- Case or Scholarly Write-Up (details can be found on application)
For consideration, please submit your materials by May 1. Due to limited slots, international applicants should submit applications as soon as possible. Each applicant will also be interviewed.
Please submit application materials to:
Alison Chandler, MA, MS
Institute for Psychoanalysis
122 S Michigan Ave, Ste 1300
Chicago, IL 60603
or via email at email@example.com
TO PAY APPLICATION FEES, PLEASE CLICK HERE:
TUITION & FEES (2018-2019)*
- Annual PEP-Web Subscription: $40/year
- Distance Learning Fee (for those taking classes via Zoom): $10/credit ($60 max)
*Tuition & fees may change annually
TUITION PAYMENT POLICY
- Tuition must be paid in full by the end of the late registration period (deadline). If paying by credit card, a $15 transaction will be assessed for amounts of $650 or greater.
- Students who cannot meet this requirement must, prior to the end of the late registration period, contact the Business Office to arrange a payment plan that will enable full payment by the end of the quarter. There is a $25 enrollment fee per quarter for the payment plan.
- If all tuition is not paid in full, or other approved financial payment plan arranged, a late payment penalty will be assessed and the student may not attend classes, receive supervision, or participate in their program.
Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation require-ments and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of American Psychoanalytic Association and Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis. The American Psychoanalytic Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Psychoanalytic Association designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 15* AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION FOR ALL LEARNERS: None of the planners and presenters of this CME program have any relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Psychologists: The Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis is approved as a continuing education sponsor for Psychologists by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The Institute designates this continuing education activity as earning 15 hours of Continuing Education for Psychologists. CE Sponsor License #268.000091.
Social Workers: The Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis is approved as a continuing education sponsor for social workers by the Department of Professional Regulations of the State of Illinois. The Institute designates this continuing education activity as earning a maximum of 15 hours* of Continuing Education for Social Workers.
Professional Counselors: The Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis is approved as a continuing education sponsor for Professional Counselors and Clinical Professional Counselors by the Department of Professional Regulations of the State of Illinois. The Institute designates this continuing educational activity as earning a maximum of 15 hours* Continuing Education credit.
Marriage and Family Therapists: The Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis is approved as a continuing education sponsor for Marriage and Family Therapists by the Department of Professional Regulations of the State of Illinois. The Institute designates this continuing education.
*Hours are per course
The Institute for Psychoanalysis does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, and national or ethnic origin.