The Adult Psychotherapy Clinic of the Institute for Psychoanalysis is pleased to offer a two year, part time fellowship program for clinicians who wish to study and improve their skills in the psychotherapy of adults using psychoanalytic principles.
- Carry a caseload of a minimum of 6 clinical hours per week and receive weekly supervision with a psychoanalyst.
- Receive weekly supervision with a graduate analyst.
- Attend clinical and administrative staff meetings with the APC staff therapists
- Meet with Clinic Director biweekly for trainee case conference
- Have the use of the Institute Library and PEP Archive
- Receive complimentary admission to all Institute conferences and workshops.
- As a minimum, applicants must have a master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or its equivalent and be eligible for LSW, LCP licensure or its equivalent.
- Onsite requirements: Patient hours may be scheduled at the fellows’ convenience, dependent on office availability and patients scheduling needs. Fellows must be available on Tuesday mornings for staff and educational meetings.
At the successful completion of the Fellowship, fellows may, if they are licensed, take their patients into their own practices.
To apply online, click here. Along with the application, you will be asked to submit the following items:
- $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee. Please note that if you decide after applying and paying the fee that you'd like to cancel your application, we cannot refund the fee.
- Copy of license and professional liability insurance
- Copy of academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- (2) Letters of Reference (Reference guideline forms can be found here)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
Deadline to apply is May 1. Each applicant will also have a personal interview.
For further information, please contact:
The Institute for Psychoanalysis does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, and national or ethnic origin.